Wednesday 28 October 2009

Just out the door and beside the flowers,
A touch to the right where the drain pipe showers,
Spills out a small path made from paving stone rock
Surrounded by reeds and a panelled dock.

Summers scent is still tossed in the breeze
And the memories weave in and out of the trees
What a year, what a spring.
Life’s a wonderful thing
What a you, what a me, what a wonderful fling.

But here we still are, now winter is stealing
The leaves on our trees and that warm bright night feeling
Take it with pleasure, for things cannot change
I’ll watch and I’ll smile, see the world re-arrange.

Summers scent is still passed In the breeze
And the memories weave in and out of the trees
But won’t you my dear, please always be near
For as long as you are It is summertime here.

1 comment:

Matt Cresswell said...

Tis pretty!
Actually, that sounds a bit dismissive, and I mean it's really good! Its upsetting that your poery is about twenty times better than mine, and I was supposed to do a creative writing degree :P Matt xx